Friday, May 6, 2016

Mother's Day celebration at school

Wednesday I found out that there was a celebration planned at school for Mothers' day. Somehow the memo got lost but luckily I could take the afternoon off on such short notice.

I arrived there at 3pm and was directed to the dinning room for an afternoon snack. Oskar was not there yet. When he arrived and saw me he was so happy that made my day. 

But there was more.

The school had planned for a little show. Oskar was to sing with his classmates. When I entered in the big room, they were rehearsing and I was so proud of him singing.
A little while later was the real performance so I got to see him sing twice. Technically three times but for one of the songs he didn't sing at all.
It was chaotic yet beautiful. I guess only a parent can be mesmerized by their own kid singing or dancing in the most disorganized manner. 
But love is blind, even more on your kid. So today I will remember that Oskar sang to me for the first time and I was so proud of him.

Later on we did an activity together and Oskar painted on a bag for me. He insisted in the bus going home, that it was for me.

This is the first handmade gift from Oskar. The beginning of a long series I hope.

No comments: